Monday, July 27, 2009
Here is a new project I have been working on over the past week. I received a recent commission for 48 small planter pots of "any form and size". After throwing a few experimental/exploratory pots, I decided to make them from 1.5 pound balls of clay, and include an attached one piece drain tray. I ended up making 53 pots, planning for a few that don't turn out how I hope. All in all it took about 5-6 hours to throw and finish all the pieces.
This was a great project to play with different forms and ideas that have been floating around in my head. They are headed to the bisque firing later this week or early next week and pictures of the finished pots to come....
Posted by Chris at 10:09 PM